I made some curtains for my Dad, as we couldn’t find any to fit his 2.4 x 1.1m windows (he lives in a typical little Queenslander house). All the curtains in the house look about 30-40 years old – the fabric is literally crumbling away! Anyway, this is the first set – there are 3 curtains for one set of windows (the photos only show 2 of the curtains). I still need to make another 2 sets.
My Dad chose the flower pattern fabric. When I came to make the curtains I realised I didn’t have enough fabric so I bought the green fabric for the top part (the colour of the green fabric perfectly matches the green of the leaves in the flower pattern fabric). I added some red ribbon along the join between the two fabrics to give the curtains a ‘richer’ look.